Sunday 14 February 2016

Latest Obsessions...

Hello! I'm finally able to write this blog post which I'm so exited about because I haven't done one of these in quite a while! I'm going to do a Latest Obsessions post as I have been loving a lot of things recently and I really want to share some of them with you.
 
 
I'm going to start with hair because I made a huge change in my hair routine recently, mainly because I want to try and grow my hair much longer. So one of the things I did in order to help my hair become healthier was change my shampoo and conditioner. Up until now, I have been using Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioners for a long time, which was alright for what I wanted back then, but I felt like I needed to change if I wanted my hair to grow even the tiniest bit more. So after looking into what made a good shampoo and conditioner, I came across OGX which have loads of different scents and ingredients for the kind of thing you want. For me, I just want my hair to be less dry, stronger and in better condition overall so I decided this would be the best one for I wanted - plus the coconut smell is amazing!
 
 
The next few things I've been obsessed with lately are to do with beauty. The first beauty product is this beautiful, very shimmery eye shadow in Cream Crush from KIKO Milano. It looks so perfect and the almost champagne colour that catches the light goes so well with my blue eyes! I usually wear it as the main colour for all over my eyelid but then put either a matte rose colour or a darker, shimmery bronze in the crease to add more depth to the look.
 
 
I think this has been in a 'Latest Obsessions' post before but I really wanted to include it in this one as well because I have been using it a lot recently due to the weather changing a lot making my lips get dry and flaky. I usually scrub my lips with this (while trying not to just eat it!) before putting any lip product that I know will be drying on like a lipstick or even just before I put on my usual lip balm to give it a smoother surface. And this one tastes of bubble gum which is delicious! :P
 
 
I bought these Mattifying Shine Control Papers by Deep Action not too long ago and ever since I got them, I have been using them every day in school. They are that good! During the school day my T-zone, especially my nose, gets very shiny due to my very oily skin tone. It always got on my nerves and some of my friends used to ask me why my nose was so shiny which made me become quite worried about how I looked throughout the day. I started touching up my makeup much more than I needed to and it started to look quite cakey. Obviously that didn't help my acne and I used to get even more breakouts of spots than ever.
 
However, since I have started using these, I have been managing to just use one to blot on my nose and any other areas that have started to get oily at lunchtime. The papers absorb any oil on your face without taking off all of your makeup and leave a light layer of matte powder so you look and feel a bit more refreshed.
 
 
The next thing on this list is something I have been enjoying drinking (I'm drinking it now) instead of plain milky tea (and even hot chocolates!) ever since getting a taster in one of my magazines. It tastes incredible and if you haven't tried Chai tea before then I suggest you get up right now (well, after you've finished reading this post) and go to the shops to buy a some of this! It has a very cinnamon-y and all those spices you'd get in a gingerbread man or something like that but better!
 
 
I have been loving Carrie Hope Fletcher (aka WayPastMyBedtime / TwentyThirtyTwo), I have been excited while waiting for a YouTube video to be put up by her. At Christmas, I got given her book All I Know Now (I know I'm a bit late on the bandwagon but better late than never), it has truly been an eye opener and I have started subtly changing ways I look at life or ways I act around other people. I've realised how much easier or slightly less stressful some moments have seemed compared to if I hadn't got the helpful advice from her in her book and if I hadn't decided to change my life around more. I think I have definitely turned into a Hopeful!
 
 
Lastly, I want to include something I got given for my guinea pigs Caramel and Lolly. It is a chew toy that, as you can see in the photo, has a rope middle, with two wooden cubes attached on either end. It is so fun trying to play tug-of-war with them and has been helpful because when they are in the run, they try to bite and nibble at the material we put beneath them so I usually give them this and they chew and bite it instead. As you can see, this is Lolly enjoying it when she was in the run.
 
That was all for today, I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's just that I have been trying to juggle a lot of homework and revision recently. Hopefully having the half term off, I can get back into it for you. Hope you enjoyed it, post soon xx
**I am loving Shawn Mendes' song Stitches and the video is really cool as well! What songs have you been into? Comment them down below.**


6 comments:

  1. I have some of that chai tea from a magazine I might go and try it now xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found out about it through a magazine actually, it is so nice especially if you like cinnamon. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have the same eye shadow as you! What a coincidence! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Liebster tag award. Love your blog <3
    Kisses, Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much, it means a lot to know that you love my blog and have even nominated me! You're an amazing reader. <3 Xx

      Delete