Sunday 13 March 2016

Going to The Dorchester and Borough Market...

Hello! I'm back and I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting very regularly at all this year but I have already planned some more posts to publish in the next few weeks after this one so hopefully I can get back on track and give you more regular posts. That's my aim!
 
Anyway, back to the subject of this post... Basically, I'm a GCSE (British exams) student and one of the courses I took for my GCSEs was catering because I love cooking and baking. At the moment we are planning for our afternoon tea course and our teacher planned for a few of us to go to The Dorchester for extra research (and cake!) I was one of the lucky ones to have been invited to go. So on Thursday I got to go to one of the poshest hotels in London to be shown around the kitchens and experience some of the food they served there. We also went to Borough market which is an international food market where I tried lots of food even before we got to The Dorchester!
 
Here are few photos of the day...
 
 
 
Had a proper German sausage in a hotdog from one of the food stalls.
 
 

All of the food on every stall looked nice, these are just a few of the best photos I took in the market.
 
 
 
Afternoon tea at The Dorchester was extremely nice and the food was scrumptious!

 
As it wasn't a complete afternoon tea and we were only tasting some of their food, each of us could only try one thing. I had never had a macaroon before this so I tried their one which represented the flowers they grew in the back. It tasted amazing! There was blood orange cream on top, a marshmallow in the middle with a sugar leaf sticking out. I can't actually remember what the actual macaroon was mean to taste of but I know it was a very expensive ingredient!

 
I enjoyed every minute of that day and obviously the food was the best - even if I did feel extremely full after it all! That's all for this post, I will be posting some more shopping hauls and fashion posts so don't worry I haven't given up on them! I am really excited for you to read my next couple of blog posts but obviously that will be in later weeks to come as I explained in the intro. For now though, post soon xx
**Has anyone else had an afternoon tea before and if you have where was it? Comment down below!**


No comments:

Post a Comment