Saturday 26 March 2016

Making Chocolate Easter Egg Nests...

Hi, I'm back! It is finally the Easter holidays which I am so happy about because I feel like I need a good break from school and exams (even if some of my teachers did give me LOADS of homework...) I love celebrating Easter (which is tomorrow - yay) and I also like welcoming the Spring which is why I decided that for this post I would do something a little bit different and show you how to make chocolate Easter egg nests. Also, it gave me an excuse to eat even more food than I should!
 
 
You can choose any variety of ingredients for these nests but obviously the main thing is to have at least one type of chocolate and a type of cereal, Shredded Wheat (crumbled up) or Rice Krispies probably work best. I made different mixtures using:
Dark/white/milk chocolate
Shredded Wheat/Rice Krispies
Raisins
Chopped up glace cherries
Marshmallows
Sprinkles
Mini eggs
(but not my phone even though it's in the photo!)
 
1) First you need to melt the chocolate, I just did it in the microwave because it is easier but you can melt it in whatever way you usually do.
2) When the chocolate is all melted, mix your chosen cereal into it. Add the extra ingredients in as well to make even more of the mixture, this will include the raisins, glace cherries or marshmallows. You will need to do this quite quickly to make sure the mixture doesn't go solid.
3) Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases. It depends on how much mixture you made to how many cases you fill up.
4) Leave them on a cooling rack, in a fridge or anywhere you have space to put them so it gives them time to cool and harden completely. This makes sure that they stay in shape and don't crumble as much when you eat them.
 

 
 
And that's it! I ended up making 32 nests in total but that's because I think I went wild on the ingredients!
 
 I hope you liked this post, as some of you may know, I really like baking and stuff like that so hopefully if you enjoyed this recipe (even if it is pretty well known, at least in Britain) I will do more of these. For now though, post soon xx
**What do you like baking during Easter? Please leave a comment down below, I would love to know!**


No comments:

Post a Comment