Friday 1 April 2016

Spring Shopping Haul at Matalan...

Hello! I know I'm posting a bit earlier than usual but I have a lot going on during the weekend so I won't be able to post then. Anyway, moving on to the post! I realised that I've never done a Spring shop that I've posted about on this blog before so a couple of weeks ago I went to Matalan and did just that! And I think you already know that I bought loads of things...
 
 
The first thing I found as soon as I walked into the store was this blue denim shirt-dress. I really like the look of it and it's very different to anything else I have in my wardrobe but still suits my style perfectly. I could also wear it pretty much all year round because in the winter/autumn I could pair it with leggings, in spring I could pair it with a nice jacket over the top and in the summer I could wear it basically on it own with a some sandals or even trainers for a more casual look.
 
 
I am absolutely in love with this top! When I first saw it I just thought it was a normal top that had a really cute slogan on "make magic happen". Then when I tried it on in the changing rooms, I realised it had what the label called a 'handkerchief style' to it, as you can see it the photo on the bottom of the top. It is also a perfect fit on me which is really good!

 
I then went into the new sports range by Souluxe which Matalan now have and I decided to choose a couple of tops I would be comfortable wearing in the gym or just wherever I go outside to do exercise. This is one of the tops I got, which looks over-sized on me (I got it in a medium, they didn't have any small sizes in this top!) and it was already meant to be a slouchy fit. I don't mind it though because it still looks really cool once I wear it with a normal sports bra.

 
This is the other top I got which I did manage to get in a size small! I love the gradient effect it has and I also like the slightly lower back that dips down at the bottom of the top, I don't know why but I always like this style! This is also a top that is meant to be baggier than normal. I prefer getting tops like this for exercising and things like that mainly because I feel much more comfortable in them compared to the really close fitting ones that you usually see people wearing for sport.
 
 
I also got a jumper from the same range but this isn't just going to be for sport, in fact I think I've only really worn it for lounge wear and as a normal hoody to go outside in when it's a bit cold! I really do like it though because it's got thumb-holes in the sleeves so I can keep most of my hands warm without needing gloves and it has a higher neck than some which means when you zip it right up it feels even more snuggly! It also has a pull-tie around the bottom of the jumper instead of the top (which is weird but cool!) and has a wider welt than usual.
 
 
From exercise to relaxing, I got this pair of pyjamas. I mean, I was bound to get yet another pair of PJs wasn't I? Pyjamas are life! And I really like this pair because it has "Follow Your Dreams" (pretty fitting for my blogging name, ForeverDreaming do you think?) It is really bright and the pyjama bottoms especially make me think of Pocahontas and who doesn't love a bit of Pocahontas? #hugeDisneyfan <3
 
 
Another sports thing! Honestly, I didn't realise how much sports stuff I'd got until I came home and unpacked the bag! This is just a random headband that I thought I'd get seeing as I'm trying to grow my fringe out at the moment and it's getting to the awkward stage of having to have something done to it whether it's braiding, twisting or holding back with a hairband.

 
I got a fedora hat! Didn't see that one coming did you? I've never had a hat like this before and I think it's just because I thought they wouldn't suit me but when I tried this on in front of the mirror - I loved how it looked. I can see this going with almost everything and being able to wear it most seasons of the year as well which is great. It also has a cute bow on the side - just thought I'd mention it!

 
The last thing I got was this bag which at first I kind of wondered whether I should get it or not but in the end I went for it because it is very different to any of my other bags and I liked the scaly, blue pattern as well. It also looks retro... maybe that's why they called it Retro Refresh!
 
That was all for this post and I promise I will get back to all of you lovely readers in another blog post! Post soon xx
**I have no idea why I've only just found this song out, but search up Meghan Trainor's song Better When I'm Dancin' because I am absolutely obsessed with it right now and it is the soundtrack to The Peanuts Movie!**


No comments:

Post a Comment