Tuesday 26 April 2016

New Skincare Buys...

Hi, I'm so sorry I haven't managed to post in a while now, and I was doing so well! Anyway at least I'm back now and I thought I would show you a few things I bought when I was out shopping, that I'm planning on introducing to my skin care routine.
 
 
This is the first thing I got, it's a breakout (spot) clearing gel by Soap & Glory. I usually like a lot of Soap & Glory's shower and bath products so when I saw this I thought I might as well have a try. I have used Neutrogena's spot clearing gel before which works well but I wanted to see if there was a stronger one than that because it usually took 3 days of using it morning and evening to lessen some of my spots whereas this one says it is 'Super Strength' and is a 'fast acting formula'. Hopefully that's true!
 
 
Then I got this, which is a Boots own Tea Tree & Witch Hazel foaming face wash. I have heard that tea tree and witch hazel are both very good for treating acne which is why I went looking for at least one product that had tea tree or witch hazel in it. Luckily, I found that Boots had made a whole range of skincare products which had tea tree and witch hazel in! This is a face wash that is meant to be refreshing (and it smells so fresh!), has antibacterial properties (from the tea tree oil) and is deep cleansing.
 
 
This is in the same range as the previous product, and when I saw this I got so excited! There has been a buzz about active charcoal in skincare for a while now and I've always wanted to try it but had never found something I liked the look of with it in. This is meant to be a deep cleansing facial scrub so I might try it out for week and then see if I need to use it perhaps a little bit less after that as it might be a bit harsh for using every single day. It does contain witch hazel though, which means it shouldn't be too harsh because that calms the skin. From what I read on the back, the charcoal 'attracts dirt like a magnet' and draws out deep down impurities and excess oil without over drying.
 
 
The next thing I have is from The Body Shop and it is the Seaweed Clarifying Toner. I've never properly used a toner before and I actually went into The Body Shop looking for an overnight serum but this is what I ended up with! It is meant for combination/oily skin which is perfect for me seeing as I have very oily skin. I like the sound of it anyway because it uses seaweed and that just sounds so refreshing to me! Apparently it removes any last traces of cleanser, makeup and impurities and primes your skin for moisturiser.
 
I'm really looking forward to using this! I am also waiting for them to restock my local The Body Shop because I really wanted to buy the serum from the same seaweed range that this toner came from as that looks really good as well.

 
The last thing I got was a face mask from Lush. Ever since I bought my first Lush face mask, I have been converted to buying their face masks from now on because their Cupcake one did wonders for my acne! I was planning on getting the Cupcake one again but it turned out they didn't have it in when I went so I was a bit disappointed as that was perfect for me. I did get this one though which is called Cosmetic Warrior, it's meant for getting rid of breakouts so I am looking forward to good results from this. Also, if anyone reading this has been to Lush recently and they have Cupcake in stock please can you tell me in the comments?
 
That's all for this week's blog post! If any of you are using any of the products I've mentioned above, please feel free to comment down below telling me (and other readers) how effective they are. I will be doing a later post once I have tried them for a reasonable time to tell you how effective I will have found them so hopefully that will help some of you. You're all amazing, post soon xx
**Has anyone else seen Little Mix's new video for Hair ft Sean Paul, I love it, and now I really want a sleepover with them! Comment down below what you think of it!**


No comments:

Post a Comment