Monday 27 April 2015

Clothes and homeware shopping haul...

Hi people! Basically - I was meant to post something kind of related to the last blog post I did but... I decided to blog about what I did today because to be honest, I thought it would be more interesting. (NOT saying that the other post was going to be rubbish because I actually thought it was really good, but I'm doing it next time so anyways...) Back to the post! So today I went to Matalan and Dunelm because I felt like doing a bit of random shopping; seeing what I fancied getting. As you do! ;) Here's what I got...
 
 
First up, Matalan's!
 
 
This is an extremely lacy top, the gaps in between the wool are different shapes and there are a lot of them! But despite being scared that I was going to ruin it just by hanging it up on a clothes hanger, I still got it because its very pretty and I love the fact that I will be able to wear it in the summer as its slightly different to my usual summer-wear.

 
I got this vest because I thought it would go nicely with the lacy top and even though I do have vests that could go under it, they are all quite neutral colours and I liked the blue colour that would stand out more. Also, I have another Palmer Heritage vest like this one which is grey so I already knew it fitted and was comfy.

 
I like this shirt because as soon as I saw it, it reminded me of another shirt I have in my wardrobe but that shirt is now old and I just know that it isn't going to fit because the last time I wore it was last summer and it was very tight then. I also really like the pattern because its very randomly dotty and has a little tie-thingy at the bottom-front which looks cool. When I first saw it, I also thought that it looked different to in the catalogue. In the catalogue, its meant to be like a crop top thingy but on me it stops just on my bum - I mean, I knew I was short but am I really that short?!

 
The last item of clothing that I got in Matalan is this fringed top by Papaya Weekend. I absolutely love it! At first, I wasn't sure about it but I was willing to go and try it on to see if it looked good on me and I was surprised that it looked really cool! There were four different patterns but I liked this one best. Also, the black fringing at the bottom is what makes it really different to what I usually go for.
 
 
OK, turns out I lied... this is the lasting item of clothing! I just wanted to get these because I wear leggings all the time but I only have pairs that are full leg length leggings so this was a little bit different as they are 3/4 leggings. I think I did used to have a couple of pairs ages ago but that was really aaaages ago and they definitely don't fit now and I've probably got rid of them!
 
 
While my Mum was looking at work clothes (boring much, haha) I was looking at new accessories like hair stuff. In the end, I got a pair of cute little headbands in pink and grey which have flowers on with tiny sequins in the middle of each flower. I also got some daisy hair slides which I thought looked really cute and fun and a little different to my normal bobby pins that I use.
 
 
Lastly in Matalan's.... Guess what?? I managed to get a pair of slip-ons that ACTUALLY fit! Usually I have the problem of finding slip-ons that stay on (so they should be called slip-offs, really) because of my extremely awkward size 3 (and a half!) feet. After lots of trying on slip-on shoes that didn't fit, I came across this pair of navy suede shoes with pretty bows on. I wanted them so badly! I tried them on... And they fitted! Perfectly! You honestly don't know how good I feel about this. :)
 
 
Next stop - Dunelm...
 
 
The first thing that I got in Dunelm was this cool woollen basket that kind of folds down flat. As soon as I saw it I wanted to get it but I wasn't sure what I'd do with it. Then I had this amazing idea to keep all my teddies (yes, I'm a teenager and I still have teddies, don't judge) in it during the day so they're not all on my bed looking in the way. Plus, because its material, it looks like its mean to be on a bed even though it probably isn't.

 
I am obsessed with getting new cushions for my bed but I have got a fair amount so instead of getting another cushion, I just got a new cushion cover. This is because one of my oldest cushions had a cover that was very worn so I got a new one for it which the pattern on it looks really pretty. I still want more cushions though... ;)

 
The last thing finally! I found this right at the end of my search for some new stuff for my room. It looks really cool, I just had to get it! It is a Copper Finish Tealight Holder and I know its meant for a tealight but I'm not allowed to light candles in my room because my room is so small that any wrong move near a flame would end in a catastrophe! And I am definitely not risking that! So instead of a candle, I'm keeping little bits and bobs in it like a bowl.
In this photo, I have a bracelet I got given a while ago, a paper fan from a Christmas cracker from ages ago that I still have because on the paper bit it has a picture of Bambi and I love Bambi and I use it in the summer when its hot. I also have my Great-Grandma's ring which is really special to me and a random key tied to a ribbon that I don't actually know what it opens. Maybe it opens a secret garden... (Book reference - if you haven't read it or watched it, you need to!)
 
That was a nice change from the blog posts that I've been doing recently. I hope you enjoyed it too. If you want me to do a particular post then just tell me in the comments below and I will try to grant your wish! Also sorry that I posted a little bit later than during the weekend, I have been trying, honest! xx
**Who has watched the Clean Up Anthem by Lily Singh (iisuperwomanii - one of the best YouTubers in my opinion!) It is absolutely amazing and she's done one of her My Parents React for it! I've also watched her latest song-thingy which is IVIVI with Humble the Poet and that's also cool.**


2 comments:

  1. I love those slip ons (offs) but like you day I find it hard to find the right size because U have long narrow feet and they are normally too wide for me! How much were they? Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely agree! This pair was £18 and it came in the colour pink or navy. There was also another pair of suede slip-ons that fitted quite well which were slightly different because they didn't have bows on but a cool twist kind of thing and they were black.
      Hope you find a pair that fits! xx

      Delete