Wednesday 1 April 2015

il mio viaggo in Italia (2)

You're lucky - this is part 2 of 'il mio viaggo in Italia' and its been the quickest I've ever uploaded 2 posts during a week.
 
Day 3 (Pompeii & Hard Rock café)
 
When we got into the city of Pompeii, the first thing we saw was this amphitheatre. Apparently this is where the Romans watched Gladiators fight wild animals or other Gladiators.
 
Another picture when I was inside the amphitheatre - as you can tell it had rained a lot the day before. I think that Italy is kind of like England's sibling when it comes to the weather some days!
 
Then we came up to the first glass case where the bodies were, sorry I couldn't get a photo of all of them lined up.  If I took a long-shot photo, you would've been able to see my reflection and if you haven't noticed, I'm meant to be anonymous!
Apparently the eruption happened early in the morning which is why they all look like they are lying down and they didn't have much time to realise anything was happening because the ash from the pyroclastic flows buried them and preserved the bodies. Well, I tried to sum it up as best as I can! Search it up and if you come up with a better explanation then please comment it below.
 
Another body (how nice - being sarcastic there). There were two of them in separate cases but I could only take a good picture of one of them.
 
OK, I promise that this is the last photo I took of a body! Apparently this one was a prisoner who at the time was struggling to get out of his chains (which is why he looks like he is in a weird yoga position - actually take that back - an extremely weird yoga position!)
 
After having a tour around Pompeii, we got on the coach and travelled all the way to Rome. Then in the evening we went to the Hard Rock Café!
 
I had never been to the Hard Rock Café until this time in Italy and I have heard that there is at least one in a lot of countries. I found it actually really cool in there - not trying to sound surprised! It was like a museum of Rock on the walls where loads of guitars, records and even a couple of clothes of famous Rock artists were put up. Another cool thing about it was it had TVs nearly everywhere you could look - at least there was in the part we sat in - with Rock music videos were playing all the time.
 
First up I chose a cheeseburger with chips and ketchup. I found it a bit strange that the menu and everything was in English but then I thought about it and its like in England we have restaurants that are Italian or French that have menus in their own language and its just the same sort of thing in other countries.
After that very filling burger (which sadly I nearly overcome but couldn't manage the end!), we got given ice cream! Not just that, no, it was in a TUB! I know this sounds a little bit weird (OK, more than a little) but I have a massive obsession with eating ice cream that comes in a tub. Its alright though, its the little things about us - no matter how weird - that make us stand out. And standing out is a good thing! :)
 
After all of that yummy food, the teachers (well, it was a Geography trip!) told us we were going out for a couple more hours to see some of the monuments in Rome. In the dark. Late at night. When they told us to be careful of pick-pockets. When we were already tired. Fantastic. Excuse the sarcasm. Anyway, no matter how much we resented doing it, we went and it was fairly good considering! These are 3 of the best photos I took while we were out.
 
 
Day 4 (the Coliseum & travelling back home)
 
This was the last day in Italy so we went in the morning to the Coliseum. Here are two different perspective photos of the Coliseum that I thought that you'd all like!
 
Here are another two photos from the inside of the Coliseum. Apparently, there aren't any seats where the crowds would sit anymore because they got stolen. I mean, how could you even manage to steal seats that were probably stone or connected to the building in some way? I found it a bit sad really, the seats have been stolen apparently and they are putting scaffolding up around the building because its crumbling away. But its still cool.
 
Guess where we went next! Yes, there really is McDonalds everywhere! I chose a Big Mac (my very first one, no lie) and had chips and a Coke with it. The burger was very nice... after I had wiped all of the lettuce and mayo off onto the box! Yeah, I don't really like vegetables... :)
 
After that, we all went back to the hotel (a new one because we are in Rome, I did say, even if you didn't bother to read that part!) Then we waited in the reception for the coach to come to drive us to the airport. At the airport we basically got through to the duty-free part as quick as possible because it was late in the evening and we were all quite tired.
When we went to wait for our flight, we found out it had been delayed about half an hour so we had a little bit longer wait. Luckily the flight was slightly quicker than on the way to Italy so after landing and driving back to the school it was just before 1am. Yes - 1:00 in the morning! I got picked up by my parents and went to bed extremely quickly because I had school in a few hours time!
 
Rightio! That was all for today - you've been lucky this week, I've given you 2 posts! Even though technically this post is the first one of April, and you know what April means. Easter! <3 Next weekend I won't be able to post as I am going away (yes, again) for a few days but then I will be back again (you can't get rid of me that easily)! So before I go, I wish all you lovely people a happy Easter.
 
**If you are a Directioner, you need to read this. As everyone knows, or should know, Zayn has left One Direction. Since then some Directioners have been cutting or committing suicide. You should NOT be doing this or considering to do this. Its up to Zayn what he wants to do as much as we may not like it. I know that I was definitely upset about it.
But then you should realise that Harry, Liam, Niall and Louis are still planning on carrying on for as long as they can which is good and then realise that none of them, including Zayn, want you to cut or do anything like that for them. Its not going to change anything as I'm sorry to say. That's all I wanted to say. Directioners please show your support for them still and don't ever stop being proud of our incredible fandom!**

No comments:

Post a Comment